Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Roll it on out.

After much time (crudely dubbed procrastination) and strenuous effort (all in my noggin), the blog has arrived. But, blogs about blogs are trite and, according to some reliable forgotten source, bad form. So I'll cut it short.

I am starting this blog as a creative space to stretch and grow.  And also because I am a twenty-something: it's what we do.

And here's my heart. I love my age and the people close to it. This is a time of newness, freedom, expression and adventure. At the same time, I see in others and feel in myself a tendency to allow disappointed expectations shrivel those lovely words. They become a fear-filled void, and we cope with cynicism. We speak in satire and attempt to bedazzle the gloom with lifestyles that fail to nurture.

I want more for myself and for the ones I love. I want to pursue the fresh, sweet, simple present. And I want to do so in a spirit of discovery.

My discoveries truly will be ordinary. I am focusing on life from one day to the next: working as a teacher, eating nourishing foods, reading good books, growing in friendship.

Care to join?


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Looking forward to more posts. Love the couch, love that you went to the farmer's market -- looking forward to hearing about your daring adventures with those vegetables. :-)

    ReplyDelete