Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Multitude Monday

Mondays really can drag. I usually sleep poorly on Sunday nights. Several times last night I sat up in bed and turned on my light, convinced it was morning and I needed to get out of bed. Then I would look at my clock and spend a minute convincing my sleepy self that I do not, in fact, need to get ready for the day at 2:30 a.m.

Because of my psychotic Sunday sleeping habits, a sick feeling that won't go away and the catch-up game at work, today dragged and left me weary.

And yet.

My tired Monday means a full weekend behind me and a full week ahead of me. Both are good; both propel me toward thanksgiving in spite of myself. Mondays are good days to use thankfulness as a discipline to train my heart to be satisfied.

Here's my multitude:

Chubby smiles from a baby who loves to eat. And a fancy new phone that lets me capture the moment.


Rooms overcrowded with people who love and laugh well.

Sweet friends who make food I can eat before I even ask: chocolate avocado mousse and fajita chicken with fresh salsa.

The security of a job and the immense blessing of loving it.

Spontaneous trips to a used book store with brother, sister-in-law and baby.

A home church full of people who ask questions because they care.

Sharing another season of life with a best friend, even as we live in different cities.


Dinner tonight. (Baked oatmeal...it's like dessert except healthy!)

P.S. I stole the title from somebody, but I don't remember who. If it's you, claim that credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment