Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Warmth on this rainy day.

I spent the day listening to seminars at a satellite conference hosted by my school. One of the conferences on technology talked about the fast-paced nature of our world. We are constantly overstimulated; numerous sources vie for our attention every day. I feel it when I check my phone first thing in the morning, bounce between tabs on my web browser and plan my lessons while listening to a seminar on educational technology. In the midst of distractions flashing like neon signs, I need moments to stop and breathe and think and wait.

That's when I make a big pot of soup.

Tonight I made sweet potato cauliflower soup. It is very simple and easy to make, but the process is slow and involves a lot of waiting. The waiting worked out for me, though. I read Chaucer and did some laundry as the soup did its thing.

If you're interested, you can find the recipe here. The simplicity of the soup was great (only 5 ingredients plus water), but it needed some spice.

Any tips on spicing up a sweet potato based soup?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the faithful butter, salt and pepper tradition. Bragg Sprinkle is also a good mix of yummy organic herbs and spices for any dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup and Chaucer sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete